Schedule + Tuition & Fees + Application Forms
Parents begin the admission process by making an appointment to attend a Parent Information Meeting. This is a time for families to meet the directors and tour the school. This meeting is for adults only, please. Upcoming dates can be found on our school calendar. If none of these dates work for you, please contact the office to arrange a visit.
After this meeting an application may be submitted online using the forms below, including a non-refundable one-time application fee of $40.00. Once your application has been accepted and you have been offered a spot, you are welcome to visit the school with your child before signing your contract and paying your materials fee, which secures your spot.
We begin enrollment during early spring for the following summer and fall. When there is space available, new admissions are considered at other times of the year–feel free to contact us anytime to inquire about availability.
You are welcome to submit an enrollment application at any time for children younger than 2 to be added to our waitlist for the Tiger year, or for older children at any time and we will contact you when an available spot opens up.
Alaya adheres to the Boulder Valley School District calendar (as well as their inclement weather cancellation determinations) with just a few exceptions for staff inservice days and to celebrate Shambhala Day (the lunar new year). All holidays can be found on our school calendar.
Our full school day runs from 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday. Early drop off is available at an additional cost beginning at 7:45am.
Drop off time for all three classrooms is 8:30-9:00am.
A limited number of half-day spots are available for all classrooms, in which case pick up time is at 12:30pm for Tigers or 1:00pm for Snow Lions and Garudas.
Parents may choose from three weekly schedule options: T/R, M/W/F, or M–F. Scheduling priority is given to returning families and families who have 2 or more children enrolled at Alaya simultaneously. Please contact the office with questions regarding availability for particular days of the week or alternate schedule requests.
tuition + fees
2018/19 Tuition Rates are as follows:
The rates below reflect our annual school year tuition spread over 9 payments (August/September through May). Half of the September payment is due as a deposit on August 1.
Snow Lion or Garuda Years:
- 2 half days: $489/mo
- 2 full days: $669/mo
- 3 half days: $623/mo
- 3 full days: $936/mo
- 5 half days: $984/mo
- 5 full days: $1,425/mo
Tiger Year (2 yr olds):
- 2 half days: $547/mo
- 2 full days: $734/mo
- 3 half days: $720/mo
- 3 full days: $1051/mo
- 5 half days: $1,136/mo
- 5 full days: $1,596/mo
Second Child Discount: Alaya offers a 10% discount to families who have more than one child in attendance. This discount applies to the child with the lesser tuition cost. Naropa students, faculty and staff are eligible for a 15% tuition discount.
2018/19 Fees + Service Hours
- Application Fee: $40/one time fee
- Materials Fee: $250/year
- Participation by one caregiver in our annual school-wide Environment Day (no children) or payment of the $60 fee in lieu.
- Contribution of 10 volunteer service hours per family per year or payment of $200 in lieu.
Alaya maintains a contract with the Boulder County Department of Social Services and the City of Boulder Children’s Services for CCAP, CLIFF, and GAP Programs, which you can read more about on our FAQ page. Families who receive assistance should speak to the directors and their case worker to determine eligibility. A limited amount of additional scholarship funds may be available on a first come, first served basis and are dependent on our fundraising efforts each year. Please contact the office to inquire about financial aid only after you have determined whether or not you are eligible for Federal, State or County/Municipal aid programs.
Application for 2018/19 school year
- 2018/19 Application/Waitlist Form + Pay $40 Application Fee
- 2018/19 Financial Policies and Enrollment Agreement + $250 Materials Fee
- Scholarship Application [check eligibility for CCAP, CLIFF and GAP first]
- 2018/19 Summer Camp Application [Contact Office]
Required Forms for New Students
- Contact, Medical & Emergency Information Form
- Family, Social and Health History Form for New Students
- Parent Handbook Confirmation of Receipt [Updated Handbook & form coming soon for fall 2018]
- Volunteer Interests Form [Updated form coming soon for fall 2018]
Required Forms for All Students (To Be Completed Annually)
- Returning Student Family, Social and Health History Form
- Service Hours Report Form [Updated form coming soon for spring 2018]
Medical Forms to Download In Hard Copy and Return w/ Doctor’s Signature
Optional Medical Forms
- Dietary Preference Form [Updated form coming soon for fall 2018]
- Allergy / Anaphalaxis Plan Form [only if medically diagnosed/necessary]
- Colorado Asthma Care Plan [only if medically prescribed/necessary]
- Medication Administration Order Form [only if medically prescribed/necessary]
Please note: The state requires that school records be up to date, complete and accurate for each child. Completed forms must be submitted to the office upon enrollment, with the exception of the child’s physical exam, to be submitted within 3 weeks. Alaya’s license may be revoked if a child’s school folder is not complete or is outdated. Forms remain confidential, but must be made available to the State Department of Social Services for periodic and unannounced inspection.